Have you ever faced a problem while connecting computers or printer to a Network?
I have faced such problems several times & I know what needs to be done in order to maintain good signal strength throughout.
In order to connect more & more computers to a network, you need ethernet wires. Most of the ethernet wires come with a plug which is plugged into the switch.
Few month back I was organizing a Lan Gaming program where I needed to connect like 25 PCs which are separated by a distance to maintain a proper connection, I needed long Ethernet wires so I picked 100 ft ethernet cable. Today, I will be discussing best-rated ethernet cables in the market which you guys can buy.
What We Are Discussing Today?
- 1 What is an Ethernet Cable?
- 2 Best 100 FT Ethernet Cable
- 3 Latest Ethernet Cable Type
What is an Ethernet Cable?
Ethernet cable is a wire using which a group of devices can be connected to a network. The devices might range from routers, computers, printers, switch boxes etc. However, when compared to the wireless networks, they do have certain limitations since they are a physical means to connect the devices.
The ethernet cable resembles a phone cable but has a number of wires. The ethernet cables come with plugs and the devices have ethernet ports wherein they can be plugged.
These Ethernet cables support certain industry standards including Category 5 or category 6. Most of the ethernet cables are designed to connect computers to devices like switches or routers while some other cables are designed to interconnect two computers. The cables are generally manufactured in form of stranded and solid cables. The wires are generally enclosed in a protective coat to prevent interference and signal loss.
Best 100 FT Ethernet Cable
Without wasting any further time let’s just discuss the products which are as follows.
5. TBMax (Cat 6 Ethernet Cable)
The packaging of the 100 feet ethernet cable from TBMax comprises of the cable itself, a set of 20 cable clips and 4 cable labels. The ethernet cable provides super high-speed interconnection and data transmission. The cable complies with the CAT 6 ethernet cable standards TIA/EIA 568-C.2 and supports up to 250 MHz Internet Cable/ Ethernet cable data transferring.
The cable is made of 100 percent bare copper wire and the connectors have gold plated contacts, molded strain relief boots, Snagless molds which resist corrosion and ensure minimal noise and interference during operation. It also prevents attenuation of signals and data while using the cable. The ethernet cable provides universal connectivity for any LAN networking devices and terminals including PCs, Laptop, computer servers, printers, routers, extenders, internet cameras, TV Boxes, switch boxes etc. the cables are RoHS certified.
The design of the cable is flat which prevents the entangling of the cord to a great level. The ethernet cable is compatible with Cat 5e and Cat 5 internet cords but offers higher speed and stability to the users. The ethernet cable is ideal for a number of networks using applications like cloud storage, video chatting, video surveillance, online HD video streaming, online high-speed gaming and much more. This Cat 6 patch cable comes with RJ45 connectors and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T/ 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10 Gigabit Ethernet) and is a UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) type.
- Flat wire prevents any sort of entangling of the wires.
- There is almost very nil attenuation and interference when the wire is in operation.
- Some user reviews suggest that this ethernet cable can double up the internet speeds.
- The length of the cable is very long and this makes the cable highly usable.
- Comes with cable clips and labels.
- The cable might be too long for some users.
- Not that necessary for domestic usage.
- Does not come with a winder which is necessary for winding up the cable.
4. Jexon Cables (Internet, Router & Gaming)
This ethernet cable is a great deal for all those who are into hardcore multiplayer gaming. The product comes in a grey and has a whopping length of 100 feet. The cable comes with a CAT 5e quality which is one of the best available in the market. Jexon 100 feet long ethernet cable is ideal for the routers, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and much more devices.
The category 5 cabling is just the best option available for fast ethernet and gigabit computer networks that require voice/ data/ video distribution. The cable can handle bandwidth intensive applications up to 350 MHz. the product complies with all the Cat 5e TIA/ EIA standards and helps in reducing the impedance and structural return loss (SRL) drastically as compared to the traditional 100 MHZ wire.
The cable quality is great and it features a shortened body plug and comes in a design that minimizes Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) levels. It has a moulded and snag-free boot that prevents unwanted cable snag while installation and also provides strain relief. The users can also choose from a variety of colours that the ethernet cable comes in. The whole packaging of the product weighs just 13.6 ounces and has received great customer reviews.
- It comes with Cat5e highest quality.
- Reduces both impedance and structural return loss when compared with standard 100 MHz wires.
- The finest design of JEXON cable minimizes Near-End Crosstalk levels.
- It is capable of handling bandwidth-intensive applications up to 350 MHz.
- The snag-free boot of Jexon cable prevents unwanted cable snags during installation.
- The cable and its individual wires are too thin for connectors to be placed at the end.
- The thin design of cable reduces the durability while using for a long run.
- The wire kinks easily and becomes difficult for winding up of the cable.
3. Jadaol (Cat 7 Ethernet Cable)
This 100 ft ethernet cable from Jadaol is also bundled with 25 cable clips each with 7 mm width. These cable clips are highly essential while fixing the wire along the walls or any support and provide ample support to the wire and prevent entangling of the wires which is most likely to happen if they are left as such on the floor. The users do not need to buy them additionally since they get the clips right along with the wire itself.
The ethernet cable comes with a CAT 7 SSTP SHIELDED ETHERNET CABLE standard and the performance provided by the long ethernet cable can range up to 600 MHz. the ethernet cable could be used for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T/ 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet) at maximum speeds.
The connectors used on the ethernet cable are the RJ45 type and come with 50 micron Gold plating contact pins. This Ethernet CAT 7 cable is compatible with the CAT 5, CAT 6, CAT 5e and CAT 6a ethernet cables as well. The ethernet cable is just perfect for the networking switches, routers, ADSL, adapters, hubs, modems, Play Station 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox, patch panels and all other high-performance networking applications. The CAT 7 cable is made of 4 shielded twisted pair (STP) of copper wires with two RJ45 connectors and each end with better quality in twisting of the wires. The ethernet cable is triple shielded with the first shield being a PVC layer, second being an alum and the third layer being an HDPE jacket.
- The Cat 7 SSTP shielded Ethernet cable provides up to 600 MHz performance.
- It consists of high-quality RJ 45 connectors with 50-micron gold plated contact pins in each shield.
- Cat 7 provides easy compatibility with Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, and Cat 6a Ethernet cables.
- You can use 10GBASE-T equipment for building superfast high-performance local area networks with speed up to 10 Gbps.
- The cable needs to be grounded in order to have adequate shielding. Not grounding can lead to poor initial performance or degradation of performance on continuous use.
- The throughput received is lower than expected.
2. Mediabridge Ethernet Cable
This 100 feet long ethernet cable from Mediabridge supports both the Cat 6 and Cat 5e applications. The RJ45 connector used on this ethernet cable fits well and perfect in both the CAT 6 and CAT 5e ports. The ethernet cable supports up to 10 Gigabits per second which is approximately 10 times the bandwidth of the Cat 5e cables. The performance of the ethernet cable meets and even exceeds the destined Category 6 performance and complies with the TIA/EIA 568B.2 standard.
It is also backward compatible with the existing fast ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. The ethernet comes with a CM Grade PVC jacket and is also UL listed and adheres to the ISO/IEC 11801 standard. It has a high bandwidth of 550 MHz which guarantees high-speed data transfer for the server applications, cloud computing, video surveillance, online gaming and high definition video streaming. The 100 feet long comes with 24AWG stranded conductors.
The four insulation pairs are separated using PE cross insulation to prevent interference and crosstalk. The 8P8C RJ45 connectors come with gold-plate contacts. The outer diameter of the PVC jacket is 5.8 mm. The ethernet cable also comes with a free Velcro strap that is highly useful for easy organisation and storage.
- It supports both Cat 6 and Cat 5e applications and support speed up to 10 Gigabits per second, i.e. almost 10 times the speed offered by Cat 5e.
- It offers high bandwidth of up to 550 MHz.
- Guarantees high-speed data transfer for server applications, cloud computing, video surveillance and online high-definition video streaming.
- Each of the 4 twisted pairs in the cable is separated by PE cross insulation to prevent crosstalk.
- Issues of not getting the full maximum speed of internet connectivity are reported while using the cable.
- Not suitable for usage in several devices as continuous bending and twisting cause the sheathing to crack.
1. Jadaol (Cat 6 Flat 100 Ft Ethernet Cable)
This Jadaol Cat 6 ethernet cable provides the users with performance up to 250 MHz. The ethernet cable is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T/ 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10BASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet). The price of the ethernet cable is similar to the price of a CAT 5e cable and still, this provides better performance as compared to the latter. The cable is an Unshielded Twisted Pair-type patch cable and features gold plated RJ45 connectors.
The contact surfaces are plated with 50-micron gold plating. The cables generally come with higher bandwidth and are made of 100% bare copper wire which ensures that there are minimal noise and interference during operation of the wire. This 100 feet ethernet cable is compatible with a spectrum of devices including routers, switches, network printers, network attached storage devices and many more. The cable is UL listed, TIA/EIA 568-C.2 verified and RoHS Compliant. It is also Power over Ethernet and Voice over IP (VoIP) compliant. The black colour of the cable prevents dirt and dust accumulation.
Also, this Jadaol cable comes with a bundle of 25 cable clips in the packaging itself. The cable clips can also be purchased from outside if the user requires them more in number. These cable clips provide the required support to the cable if it needs to be passed from one place to another through the walls or any other support.
- It is an Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) patch cable with RJ 45 connectors.
- The Cat 6 standard provides performance up to 250 MHz.
- It is built considering great speed and reliable connectivity and provides exceptional and lossless signal transmission.
- It provides a higher bandwidth of signal transmission.
- It is less reliable for the very high-speed internet environment.
- The speed in which data transmission taking place found to be inconvenient.
- The slim and flat design decreases the robustness of cable.
Latest Ethernet Cable Type
The latest variant of the ethernet cable is the Cat 7 cable type which comes with speed limits up to 10,000 Mbps and bandwidths up to 600 MHz. The Cat 7 cable comes with screened, shielded twisted pair (SSTP) of wires with some extra insulation and shielding. This also makes the wires thicker and stiffer.
However, all the layers are grounded. In place of the RJ45 connectors that are conventionally used on the ethernet wires, the Cat 7 cable makes use of GigaGate45 or GG45 connectors which helps for grounding the cable and also increases the rate of data transmission.
The above-listed 100 ft ethernet cables serve well up to the purpose by providing beyond par performance and the longer length do not affect the performance. The customers can choose from the above-mentioned options basing upon the advantages and benefits that they provide and the pricing they are set at.