Travelling is fun, whether it is a short trip to the neighboring city or a long vacation abroad.
As planning trips can be an easy task for few people but there are many people who struggle to complete the trip planning.
So here are few necessary tips and hacks which will make your travel more comfortable next time.
How to Plan a Trip?
The major questions which arise before planning any trip is that what is your budget and which type of place you would prefer to travel. Once your destination is selected, you can check all the amazing trip sites for best holiday packages available online. This is how you can save the maximum amount of your money which you can later spend on traveling or food. And, also prepare the list of travel kit which you will be needing.
Note: There are sites like MakeMyTrip, Airbnb, & Yatra to know about the best offers for flights and hotels, you can even choose a holiday package if it interests you and is in your budget.
Now that you have selected Place, Flight & Hotel. It’s time to select between what luggage type you should carry for more convenience.
What We Are Discussing Today?
Different Types Of Traveling Bags?
Choosing your travel kit bag is one of the major decisions you have to make before you start packing. Your complete travel comfort will be determined by it as more appropriate your bag is, the more convenience you will have. Here is a list of types of travel luggage which you can use according to different trip plans.
1. Wheel Suitcase: This bag is mostly used for family trips or for the time when you have to travel with a lot of luggage. You can purchase this bag in several sizes depending on your requirements.
2. Four Wheel: This is just a more comfortable version of the above baggage, with the same features, it comes with the extra perk of been able to stand stable due to its four wheels.
3. The Backup: This is another most appreciated luggage, especially for those who won’t mind straining their shoulders a bit. This type of luggage is good if you are going on a road trip or for a few days vacations with your friends. Due to the space compartment, it becomes easy for you to separate your thing.
4. The Rolling Backpack: This luggage has all the features of backup but you can easily roll, which will surely reduce the strain on your back. If you are traveling to mountain places or the places which do not have good roads, they prefer the normal backpack as the rolling backup will only be an extra burden.
5. The Duffel Bag: This luggage is comfortable when you want to avoid suitcases, as you can carry this in your shoulders and can easily accommodate it as per your convenience. These bags come in several sizes.
6. The Briefcase: This is mostly used by the businessmen who are traveling on a meeting for few days. This will keep all your documents safe and look professional at the sometime. You can pack all your work documents and few pair of clothes and carry it in flight as hand luggage.
7. The Messenger Bag: If you want to travel light with only a few essential things like a pair of clothes, toiletries, notebook, chargers and probably a camera, then this type of luggage is the best for you as you can easily wear it in the single shoulder.
8. The Travel Tote: This is a very stylish luggage. You can use this for few days travel or as a secondary bag for small items when you are traveling for a long vacation.
Travel Kit (Essential Travel Checklist)
Before you start packing your luggage, it is very important that you create a list so that you don’t miss anything important or overdo with the luggage. Here is a list of few basic things you will require.
The Basic Clothing
Choosing outfits is one of the most difficult tasks, especially while traveling to a new place because it becomes hard to predict what you would want to wear.
Don’t panic and start packing with the necessary outfits in you clothing travel kit and if you are left with more space, you can always fill that with your more fancier clothing that you may or may not wear. Here is a list of few must carry garments.
- Sleepwear with an extra pajamas
- T-shirts and tank tops
- Jeans or Shorts
- Hoodies (must carry during winters or if you are traveling to a hill station)
- Extra socks
- Comfortable shoes and bathroom slippers
- At least one party wear
- Scarf or muffler
Make sure that you do not overdo with your clothing especially when you are planning to shop where you are going. An empty compartment in the bag is better while traveling so that you can fill it with all the things you will purchase during your travel.
The Toiletries (Personal Hygiene)
- Toothbrush, Toothbrush, Floss, and Mouthwash
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body wash, Facewash, and face scrub
- Makeup Kit with wet tissues
- Body Lotion, Sunscreen, daily usage cream.
- Sanitary Pads
- Portable small mirrors
- Shaving Kit, extra razor, nail cutter and scissor
- Sewing Kit
Medical: Health Travel Kit
If toiletries packing list is important, then the Medical travel kit is of utmost importance. Precaution is better than cure but when it comes to traveling people gets so engrossed in choosing their clothes that they completely forget about the small medical kit which everyone should have while traveling.
To start packing your medical kit, ensure that you pack all the medication you are taking (if any).
Note: Carry a copy of your prescription if necessary.
Once you are done with that check the list given below and prepare your own travel medical kit at home.
1. Band-Aids, Gauge, and Dettol: It is very hand if you get hurt; this way you can secure the hurt space without catching any infection.
2. A Cough syrup: A very common problem which happens with most of the people due to the climatic change.
3. A Digital thermometer: You can monitor your temperature whenever you feel dizzy; this way you can take proper medication before you get more unwell.
4. Fast Relief or any spray for joint relief: Often people have legs pain and shoulder pain during travels, to avoid such type of issue it is advisable to have a handy spray which will instantly give you relief from the pain.
5. Hand Sanitizer: You surely don’t have time to watch your hand again and again while eating. In such situations, sanitizers are very useful and protect you from infection.
6. Motion Sickness Tablets: To avoid the dizziness during your bus or train ride, it is advisable to visit your nearest chemist and buy few tablets for motion sickness.
7. Disprin: Headaches can surely not be avoided by carrying an extra pill for that can surely save you from a lot of pain. If Disprin does not suit you, you can always carry a different substitute for that.
8. Anti-diarrhea tablet: Change in food and water can anytime affect your stomach that is why it is important that you carry at least a tablet to handle such situations.
9. Sanitary Pads: An extra pad never gets to waste because you can always use it later. To be in a safer side make sure that you have your backup pad in your medical kit.
10. Mosquito Repellent: This is very important, especially when you are traveling during the summers.
The documents travel kit is kind of personal & important one you should always keep it with you. It may vary according to the place you are traveling as you would require more documents while you travel abroad in comparison to the time you travel to the next city.
The basic document everyone requires is:
- An identity proof: It can be an Aadhaar card, voter ID card, driving license, Office identity card, College identity card, or a passport with visa (if you are traveling abroad)
- Credit or Debit card even when you carry a good amount of cash
- Print out of the tickets and hotel bookings
- Health insurance card
These are few necessary things, keeping these in minds you should start preparing your travel kit. Don’t forget to carry your earplugs, headphone, and chargers.
You can also carry an extra copy of all your documents and a list of your emergency contact list in case you misplace your purse or mobile phone.
If you think anything is missing, then do let us know in the comment box.