Do you have queries like,
Which is the Best Wifi Card?
How to choose top rated Wifi Card for Gaming?
You won’t be able to find it because there are so many options available, That’s why we thought let’s show you how to select the best Wireless PCI Card for your PC.
The old Ethernet cables are no more fun anymore, right?
Losing signal strength & distortion in the cables are general problems we face.
We all know, Desktop PCs generally do not come with a built-in WiFi adapters and the users need to make use of long and messy ethernet cables so as to enjoy internet on the PCs.
So, What do we need to do?
Call To Action: As technology boomed tech giants came up with a solution, there is Wifi Card for pc. This calls for some measures using which the Wi-Fi card can be integrated into the desktop PCs as well. Wi-Fi facility has become a necessity in every single desktop.
There are several methods to integrate the Wi-Fi feature on a desktop PC which include USB adapters, Wi-Fi data cards and using motherboards with the Wi-Fi feature already integrated into it. However, to get better connectivity at an affordable price, the users generally prefer using Wifi cards for PC.
The Wi-Fi card for PC attached to the PCI Express slot on the desktop PC and helps to establish a secure Wi-Fi network in the desktop PC itself. The users no longer need to use the long ethernet wires for the purpose. These Wi-Fi data cards come with detachable external antennas which connect well with the corresponding antennas of the router if they have the same number of antenna. This also is quite helpful when there are a limited number of USB ports on the PC.
What We Are Discussing Today?
- 1 List of Best Wifi Cards For PC To Buy
- 1.1 10. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N900 (FS-N900 Pro Edition)
- 1.2 9. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Pro Edition)
- 1.3 8. Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express Card
- 1.4 7. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Basic Edition)
- 1.5 6. TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Adapter, (TL-WN851ND)
- 1.6 5. Rosewill 802.11N, N900 PCI Express Wireless Card (RNWD-N9003PCe)
- 1.7 4. TP-Link N300 Wireless PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WN881ND)
- 1.8 3. TP-Link Archer AC1300 – Best Wifi Card For Gaming
- 1.9 2. TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
- 1.10 1. ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
- 2 Conclusion
List of Best Wifi Cards For PC To Buy
10. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N900 (FS-N900 Pro Edition)
This is one of the best Wifi Card for pc one can find for his PC. However, the customers should take note that this product is compatible with the Intel Inside processors only and extends no support for the AMD processors. The product comes with an out of the box 30-day money back guarantee, one-year warranty and lifetime tech support.
This model helps the user to add a high speed 802.11 N Wi-fi connectivity to his PC by connecting at the PCI Express slot. The Wi-Fi network can be adjusted into 2 frequencies viz. 2.4 GHz and 5GHZ but the speed remains same as 450 Mbps. The device comes with a Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 chipset.
The product comes with a detachable 18dBi external antenna which provides improved wireless network reliability and performance. The product is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, Linux kernel 2.6.30 & above operating systems.
- Supports 450 Mbps max throughput on 2.4 GHz band or 5GHz band.
- High speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Increased reliability and performance and suitable for online gaming and HD video streaming.
- CD pack doesn’t have Ubuntu support drivers.
- Claims of an unexpected stop in working are registered.
9. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Pro Edition)
The product comes with an integrated Qualcomm Atheros Chipset and comes with 12 dBi external detachable powerful antenna kit. The product helps the user to add a strong 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity and it connects to the PCI Express slot of the PC.
The speed is limited to 300 Mbps and the frequency can be adjusted between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The Wi-Fi card for PC is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP (32/64 bits), Linux Ubuntu system operating systems.
The device is compatible with PCI Express X1, X4, X8, X16 slots. It also extends compatibility with numerous security protocols. The device is highly useful for online gaming and HD video streaming and assures two bar signals always.
- Allows wireless network connection at 2.4 GHz or 5GHz 300Mbps.
- Enhance connectivity, adds at least two bars of signal than before.
- Provide stable signals.
- The antenna has 12dBi power which lacks in performance for high performance.
8. Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express Card
For all desktop PCs it is also a best option, which do not have Wi-Fi connectivity by default, this device comes handy to create a Wi-Fi network by getting connected to the PCI-E interface. This device also adds the Bluetooth function to the desktop PCs. The device extends dual band network support and supports speeds up to 300 Mbps.
The device comes with a 2X detachable omnidirectional 6DBi low profile antenna. The device is compatible with IEEE 802.11 ac/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0/3.0. It is compatible with Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32 bit/64 bit) and does not extend support to desktop PCs running on Mac or Linux operating systems. The users can download the necessary drivers required for the proper functioning of the product from its official website.
- Supports speeds up to 300M at 2.4 GHz or 867M at 5.0 GHz.
- High-speed connectivity with Bluetooth function.
- Allows seamless roaming features.
- The flimsy hinge of antennas.
- Network card problems arising from continuous usage causing a decrease in internet speeds.
7. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Basic Edition)
The device comes with 30 days money back guarantee, one year warranty and lifetime tech support out of the box. The company has a super active tech support centre for the purpose of attending to the queries of the users.
The product is highly useful for adding a high speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity to a desktop which does not have Wi-Fi by default and this is possible by connecting the device to the PCI Express slot in the CPU. The speeds are limited to 300 Mbps and the network is available in dual bands i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
The device functions on the Qualcomm Atheros chipset and features a 6DBi detachable external antenna which helps in improving the wireless network reliability and performance. This makes the device ideal for online gaming and HD video streaming. The device is compatible with almost all the Windows operating systems along with Linux and Ubuntu operating systems as well.
- Adds high speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Share stable networks.
- Provides high-speed internet for online gaming and HD video streaming.
- The signal quality offered is quite low than others.
- Claims of Qualcomm Atheros been used rather than Feb Smart have reported.
6. TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Adapter, (TL-WN851ND)
This Wi-Fi card for desktop comes with the trust of the TP-Link brand which is a trendsetter in the sector of producing wireless network devices. The device comes in 3 standards viz. IEEE 802.11N, IEEE 802.11G, IEEE 802.11b. the device is compatible with the 32-bit PCI interface. It features 2X 2 DBi Detachable Omnidirectional Antenna.
The device has no comparison when it comes to wireless security protocols. It supports 64/128 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, Wireless MAC Filtering. The device comes with Ad-Hoc wireless mode and infrastructure.
It is compatible with operating systems including Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit/64 bit), Windows XP (32 bit/64 bit), Windows 2000 and the users can download the necessary drivers from the official website of TP-Link.
- Comes with an Omnidirectional antenna for better network coverage.
- CCA technology used avoids channel conflicts and promotes high performance.
- Advanced security options.
- Not suitable for multiplayer online gaming.
- Supports 32-bit driver rather 64-bit.
- Poor working in Linux platforms.
5. Rosewill 802.11N, N900 PCI Express Wireless Card (RNWD-N9003PCe)
This Wifi card for PC from Rosewill complies with the popular Wi-Fi standards including the IEEE 802.11b/g/n. The wireless network comes with a dual band setting and supports speeds up to 450 Mbps. The dual-band connectivity enriches the online gaming and HD streaming experiences of the user apart from providing unhindered browsing and surfing.
The setup of the device is simple and quick and it comes with a bundled CD which helps the users for the same. It features three antennas which increase the wireless coverage and provide strong Wi-Fi performance. The device supports all the wireless security protocols including 64.128 bit WEP, WPA/ WPA2/ WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK (TKIP/ AES). It can be run on all the Windows operating systems.
The Wi-Fi card also supports ad-hoc and infrastructure modes. The 5 GHz band can be highly useful in gaming and HD video streaming purposes. This Wi-Fi card has the ability to cater to all the network needs of the desktop PC users.
- Comes with three antennas, supporting strong Wi-Fi performance and Wi-Fi connection stability.
- Quick and hassle-free installation.
- Comes with 5 GHz band excellent for gaming and video streaming performances.
- Reports of unexpected crashing while working have been claimed.
- Faces problems of overheating.
4. TP-Link N300 Wireless PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WN881ND)
This device from TP-Link provides wireless networks providing speeds up to 300 Mbps and makes this device a must for all the desktop PC users who have requirements like video streaming, online gaming and internet calls. The 2T2R MIMO performs incredibly well as compared to the conventional 1T1R MIMO.
The device performs absolutely well on all the operating systems including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista. The setting up of the device is quite simple and a highly secure wireless network can be set up with WPS. The TP-Link Wi-Fi card also supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode.
The card is compatible with 802.11 n/b/g products and comes with an incredible 2- year warranty. The users can also reach out to the customer care centre anytime they face any trouble with the product.
- With Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MIMO) antennas, it allows sending strong and reliable signals over long distances with greater throughput.
- Easy setup and configuration.
- Provides stable wireless connection with Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) technology.
- Needs occasional reboot for proper functioning.
- Can’t receive 5G signals.
3. TP-Link Archer AC1300 – Best Wifi Card For Gaming
Using this Wifi card for desktop, the users can upgrade their wireless networks up to speeds of 1300 Mbps. The device limits the speed to 867 Mbps on the 5GHz band and up to 400 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. The device features a heat sink technology which prevents the device from overheating by dissipating the heat away from the core components.
Thus, the overall reliability and the performance of the device is increased manifolds. The device is specifically built for high-performance computing like online gaming, 4K, and Ultra HD video streaming. The device has an increased wireless range by virtue of the 2X external antennas and this ensures a greater range of Wi-Fi connection and stability. The antennas are also detachable. The device fits into the PCI Express slot on the desktop PC.
The device extends support to all the Windows operating systems. However, if the users face any issues, they can get the compatible drivers from the official site of the product. The product comes with a 2-year warranty and has been ranked the highest among the wireless routers in the world in terms of customer satisfaction.
- Inbuilt Heat Sink technology for reducing overheating problems.
- Provides high-performance computing with 4K video streaming.
- You can upgrade your Wi-Fi card to 1300Mbps Wi-Fi speeds.
- Drivers included seldom fails to recognize the card.
- Not suitable for covering longer distances.
- The frequent dropping of signals.
2. TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
Another amazing Wifi card for PC. This product supports dual-band Wi-Fi with speeds ranging up to 450 Mbps on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. It is recommended that the users upgrade their routers to the latest firmware versions and USB Printer Controllers for a better experience using the device.
The setup process is very easy and the product comes with a bundled CD that helps the users in the setup process. The product features three antennas for increased wireless performance and stability. The product is ideal for all the users who are into online gaming and ultra HD video streaming.
It is compatible with the 802.11 a/b/g/n products and runs smoothly on Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8 on both the 32 bit and 64-bit variants. It comes with a 2-year warranty and unlimited technical support all round the clock whenever the user faces any issue with the product.
Pay Attention: This Wifi Card For Desktop is more suitable for High Tech-Gaming & ultra HD Video Streaming
- Comes with three antennas for increased performance and stability.
- Dual band technology with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz provides smoother HD video streaming opportunities.
- Poor quality of the antennas.
- Not suitable for long distance operations.
- Supports comparatively slower download speeds.
1. ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
This PCI Wifi card For PC has an extensible design that enables service prioritization for data. The device comes with a unique design that delivers high availability, scalability and for maximum flexibility with the required performance. The wireless network has a standard of 802.11 ac and eliminates the need for using long messy network ethernet cables for the desktop PCs.
The device makes use of a next-generation chipset for providing a highly secure wireless network to the users and supports all the wireless security protocols. The device supports all the Windows operating systems and works smoothly on them.
The device comes with a high power design which reduces the wireless dead zones and provides 150% greater wireless coverage to the users. The device has a specially designed heat sink which ensures stable and reliable continuous operation.
- Extensible design enabling service prioritization of data.
- Broadcom TurboQAM technology gives 33% faster 802.11 N performance.
- Comes with heat sink for stable and reliable connection.
- Negative reports of USB adapters are noticed.
- Faces unexpected drop of connection and requires frequent reboot.
- Problems encountered while running with MacOS Wi-Fi management tools.
If your desktop PC does not have a built-in Wi-Fi function, the above-mentioned Best Wifi card for pc can be of great help by helping you to establish a strong Wi-Fi network. This can eliminate the hassles of using messy ethernet cables for internet and provides strong and reliable wireless networks for the users. The users can even use these networks for online gaming and ultra HD video streaming purposes.
Other Technology Review